Book Review: Novel Interiors

Copyright Year: 2014
Genre(s): Non-Fiction, Design
ISBN: 9780385345996
Series: None
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary via Goodreads: For those who have ever lost themselves in the stylish worlds of novels like Sense and Sensibility, The Age of Innocence, Wuthering Heights, The Picture of Dorian Gray and countless others, this design book embraces the fantasy of time and place, showing you how to bring some of those elements into your own home. Lisa Giramonti inspires a new approach to decorating: by teaching us through the lens of worlds we may already know and love. With gorgeous photographs by World of Interiors photographer Ivan Terestchenko, aspirational quotes, and tailored reading lists, Novel Interiors reveals the essence and details of interiors mentioned in great literary works. This is a stunning, photo-driven book that shares enchanting and timeless ways to live more elegantly

. . . . . . . . . . .

My Review: I have been thinking about redecorating my home for a few months now, so I was really excited to read this book. I was especially interested to see how author, Lisa Giramonti, envisioned rooms from different books.

The book is beautiful. It is full of large and colorful photos to inspire your own decorating ideas. Complementing the photos are quotes from books and authors. I enjoyed reading about the perfect cozy reading nook and adding the finishing touches to a room. While many of the concepts won’t necessarily work in my own home, it did give me many ideas that I can add to my own decorating style.

As for the cover, it is also beautiful. One large photo on the cover with a very nice blue spine. The matte works very well with the hardcover binding. It will definitely make a beautiful coffee table book. It has already found its way to my coffee table.

I really did enjoy this book. While not everything will work in my home, many of the decorating ideas can be tweaked to fit my own style. I am giving this 4.5 out of 5 stars for a beautiful coffee table book full of decorating ideas for the bibliophile.

Disclaimer: I received a review copy of this book as part of Blogging for Books. You can read my review on the Blogging for Books site, here.