Back to Writing in 2017



I am happy to say that I am back from my summer/fall of crafting and ready to jump right back into writing. Well actually, I'll be jumping back into researching.

For the rest of the year and the beginning of 2017 I'll be working on my time-travel book. This book requires quite a bit of research, which is really time-consuming. But, the really fun part is I'll be on location to do most of the research in person. That is going to be a lot of fun!

I'll be heading to Florida soon to catch up with family and friends, but I'll also be doing quite a bit of research while I'm there. My time-travel book takes place in South Florida in the '80s, so I need to get some info on life in the Sunshine State in the '80s. I'm really looking forward to getting back to researching and writing.

Since we are almost to the end of 2016 (I still can't believe it) I've put together my top 3 list of things I want to accomplish in 2017.

Top 3 Things to Accomplish in 2017

Publish a Book in 2017!

This is my main goal of 2017. Now which book is the question. My mystery is the closest to being done, but I need to do a lot of editing on it. Since it is book 1 in a four part book series I need it to be very solid. So, I'm thinking it might not be ready to go just yet.

I'm thinking my time-travel book might be the one to release next year. It has a lot of research, but doesn't require as much attention as the mystery. So this is the one I am pushing to finish, but we'll have to see how the research goes.

Get Better Organized

I have never felt so disorganized as I have in 2016. I just couldn't get my crap pulled together this year. So, to assist me in getting better organized I have picked up a few tools, including a bullet journal.

If you have never seen a bullet journal just search "bullet journal" on Instagram or Pinterest. You will get all kinds of ideas for journal spreads, weekly checklists, and other cool bullet journal things.

I'll be starting my writing bullet journal next month so it will be ready to go in January. I will also have a personal journal and a workout journal. In the past I have tried to keep everything in one, but it gets to be too much. Having several different journals makes it a little easier for me to read. At least that's how it is for me. I'll try to post some pics once I get things going in my bullet journal.

I'm also hoping to organize my entire house, which will hopefully clear up some space for me to make my own writing nook. I have an idea of where it will be in the house, but there is a ton of stuff currently in that space. This will be a long term project, so if I can get my writing space completed by the summer I will be a very happy writer!

Read More

I really want to get back to reading regularly, so I will be signing up for the Goodreads reading challenge in January and maybe another reading challenge, or two. My goal for 2017 is to read 25 books or 2 books a month. Since I only read 5 books this year I think this will be quite a big challenge for me.

I'd also like to start reviewing books again. I'm a member of Blogging for Books and have posted a few reviews over the years. I just posted my latest review last month, so I'll be receiving another book to review in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out for that one. It looks like a really fun book!

Well, I just wanted to pop in and give you the 411. I'm really looking forward to a fun and productive 2017!