Thin Blue Line Scarf Pattern


Today begins National Police Week and is also Police Memorial Day. In honor of all of those who have served or are currently serving I whipped up a super simple thin blue line crochet scarf pattern.

In addition to writing, I also spend quite a bit of time crafting. I especially love to crochet, which I learned a little over 10 years ago. Scarves are my favorite item to crochet, basically because they don't require much thought. I like simple stitched scarves where I can sit down and watch a TV show (or 10 if I'm binge-watching on Hulu) and not have to pay too much attention to the pattern.

This pattern, in particular, is perfect for a beginner crocheter. The only tricky part might be the color change, but it shouldn't be too difficult for you. Rescued Paws Design has a great tutorial on how to color change.

Thin Blue Line Beginner Scarf



Materials
  • 5.5 mm (I) hook for scarf body (black)
  • 6.0 mm (J) hook for stripe (blue) 
  • 1 skein of black yarn
  • several yards of blue yarn
  • yarn needle

Abbreviations/Crochet Stitches
  • st: stitch
  • ch: chain
  • sc: single crochet
  • color change

Instructions 
Using  I hook and black yarn, ch 240 (or your preferred length).
Foundation Row: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and each ch to end. (239 sts)
Row 1: Ch 1 and turn. Sc in each ch st to the end.
Rows 2-4: Ch 1 and turn. Sc in each st until the end.
Row 5: Change to blue yarn and J hook. Ch 1 and turn. Sc in each st to end.
Row 6: Change to black yarn and I hook. Ch 1 and turn. Sc in each st to end.
Row 7-14: Ch 1 and turn. Sc in each st to end. Fasten off.
Finishing: Weave in all ends and you are finished.

© 2017 Elissa Kane
Items made using my patterns & tutorials are for personal use only and can not be sold for profit. Thanks!