Life Just Gets in the Way


I've been pretty silent these past few weeks and there is a reason, or two, why. It has been a very overwhelming summer for me with good and not so good reasons.

Let's start with the good news. . .

A few months ago I was given the opportunity to sign up for my first Christmas craft show. Once I was accepted into the show I got super excited and super overwhelmed. I had, maybe, 10 items made. That is it! And I figure I need to bring at least 100 to the show. So, you can guess what I'll be doing from now until late November. . . CRAFTING!!!

And now the not so good news. . .

A couple of weeks ago my 12-year old rescue kitty, Drusilla, was diagnosed with kidney disease. I was devastated! My childhood cat had lived to be 21, so I thought I would have her for at least another 7-8 years. But to know the clock is now ticking is very hard to accept.

She is currently having tests done to see just how far along the disease has spread, but I know her days are coming to an end soon. I am, though, spending as much time with her as I can and giving her the best months or years that she has left.

With that being said, I have decided to cut some things from my life. My novel writing and blogging about writing was #1 on my list. I just can't do it all. Something had to give.

I hope to be back sometime mid-2017 just in time for NaNoWriMo 2017.  

For y'all who are doing NaNoWriMo 2016 I wish you the best of luck! It is so much fun and you will have a blast. I am really going to miss it this year.

Until we talk again. . .